- Volunteer-driven museums don't always have the personnel to stay on top of their accessions, collections, and archives
- PROPERLY cataloguing accessions is TIME CONSUMING (including preserving)
- PastPerfect is a complex software, but offers a lot of flexibility
- Fonds and Container Lists are helpful for collections within collections
- BACKING UP DATA IS IMPERATIVE - back up to more than one location
- The stories that one finds when archiving a collection often make for great exhibits - if not books!
I'm excited that I will get to continue working with this collection, and others, as the Museum Board voted to keep me on through April! In addition to continuing to organize and digitally archiving the collection, I would love to help bring the Museum's collections online.